NYS Child Snowmobile Laws
S 25.19 Operation by youthful operators.
1. Age of operator.
2. Snowmobile safety certificate. A person ten years of age but less than eighteen years of age who has received safety training as prescribed by the commissioner and has received the appropriate snowmobile safety certificate issued by the commissioner may operate a snowmobile in the same manner as a person who is eighteen years of age or older.
3. Exhibition of certificate. The failure of such a youthful operator to exhibit a snowmobile safety certificate upon demand to any magistrate or any other officer having authority to enforce the provisions of this article shall not be an offense, but shall be presumptive evidence that such person is not the holder of such certificate.
4. No owner of a snowmobile shall authorize or permit the operation thereof within the state by any person in violation of the provisions of this section.
S 25.21 Responsibility for operation by minors.
1. No owner or other person in possession of any snowmobile shall
authorize or knowingly permit any person under eighteen years of
age to operate such a snowmobile in violation of any provision of
this article, the rules and regu-
2. No parent or guardian shall authorize or knowingly permit his
or her child or ward, if under eighteen years of age, to operate
a snowmobile in violation of any provision of this article, the
rules or regulations of the office, or the provisions of any local
law or ordinance.