Pianist Helen Sung is a dazzling and passionate player originally from Houston, Texas. A graduate of the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz Performance, she has played with such luminaries as Clark Terry and Wynton Marsalis.
Sung appeared on Piano Jazz on the heels of her 2006 release, Helenistique. In this episode, Sung demonstrates her compositional skills with her tune "Hope Springs Eternally" and joins host Marian McPartland on "Someday My Prince will Come."
Originally recorded Aug. 8, 2006.
- "Hope Springs Eternally" (Sung)
- "You've Changed" (Carey, Fischer)
- "Portrait of Rachel Carson" (McPartland)
- "Someday My Prince Will Come" (Churchill, Morey)
- "On A Clear Day" (Burton, Lerner)
- "Sweet and Lovely" (Arnheim, Daniels, Tobias)
- "With You in Mind" (McPartland)
- "Cotton Tail" (Ellington)