Singer-songwriter Shelby Lynne has carved her own path as a respected independent artist. She got her musical start at an early age, learning to accompany herself on guitar at 7, and her first album featured a duet with the legendary George Jones, who said he was impressed with her ability to "own" a song.
A Grammy winner for Best New Artist, Lynne took a lengthy path to artistic freedom; after years in Nashville, she relocated to California, where she continues to earn high praise. Today, she owns her own label, Everso Records.
On this edition of Song Travels, Shelby Lynne performs her own songs and joins host Michael Feinstein for a soulful rendition of "You Belong to Me."
- Shelby Lynne (voice, guitar), "Revelation Road" (Lynne)
- Lynne (voice), Michael Feinstein (piano), "You Belong to Me" (Price)
- Lynne (voice, guitar), "Telephone" (Lynne)
- Lynne (voice, guitar), "I Don't Need a Reason to Cry" (Lynne)
- Kay Starr (voice), "Side by Side" (Woods)
- Lynne (voice, guitar), "I'll Hold Your Head" (Lynne)
- Paul Les (guitar), Mary Ford (voice), "Take Me in Your Arms and Hold Me" (Walker)
- Lynne (voice), Feinstein (piano), "Gee, Baby, Ain't I Good to You" (Razaf)
- Lynne (voice), Feinstein (piano), "Our Love Is Here to Stay" (Gershwin)