Vocalist Marissa Mulder has made a distinct mark on the New York cabaret scene with a voice that recalls that of the legendary Blossom Dearie. Mulder earned a spot on the Times Square Chronicles' Top 10 list in 2011, and her current show, Illusions, has been similarly well-received.
On this episode of Piano Jazz, Mulder and host Jon Weber talk about bringing new life to old standards and perform a set of the songs she holds dear.
- "Day In Day Out" (R. Bloom, J. Mercer)
- "It's Only A Paper Moon" (H. Arlen, E.Y. Harburg, B. Rose)
- "All The Way" (J. Van Heusen, S. Cahn)
- "Both Sides Now" (J. Mitchell)
- "I'm Still Here" (T. Waits)
- "Rhode Island Is Famous For You" (H. Dietz, A. Schwarz)
- "My Attorney Bernie" (D. Frishberg)
- "Come Fly With Me" (J. Van Heusen, S. Cahn)