Composer and pianist Rob Schwimmer has worked with the likes of Simon & Garfunkel, Stevie Wonder and Bette Milder. He's also written scores for Oscar-winning short films and is a master of the theremin.
On this edition of Song Travels, Schwimmer joins host Michael Feinstein to discuss the endurance of standards and perform a few of his favorites, including "My Funny Valentine." He also honors the legacy of theremin virtuoso Clara Rockmore with his composition for the instrument, "Waltz for Clara."
- Rob Schwimmer (piano), "Holding You In My Arms" (Schwimmer)
- Schwimmer (piano), "My Funny Valentine" (Rodgers & Hart)
- Schwimmer (theremin, piano), "Waltz For Clara" (Schwimmer)
- Michael Feinstein (voice), Schwimmer (piano), "Never Never Land" (Styne, Comden, Green)
- Schwimmer (piano), "The Octet from Light In The Piazza" (Guettel)
- Schwimmer (piano), "Isaac Newton" (Schwimmer)
- Feinstein & Schwimmer (voice, piano), "Stairway To Heaven"/"Almost Like Being In Love" (Page, Plant)/(Lerner, Loewe)
- Schwimmer (theremin), "Träume" (Wagner)
- Feinstein (voice), Schwimmer (piano), "In The Wee Small Hours" (Hilliard, Mann)