Pianist Rachel Z trained at the New England Conservatory before beginning her professional career as a performer with the likes of Al Di Meola, Larry Coryell and the fusion band Steps Ahead. She also worked with saxophonist Wayne Shorter on his Grammy-winning comeback album, High Life.
On this episode of Piano Jazz, Rachel Z performs original pieces, including "Gently Sleeps the Pear Tree" and "Artemisia," and duets with host Marian McPartland in "Autumn Leaves."
Originally recorded April 30, 1999.
- "Gently Sleeps The Pear Tree" (Nicolazzo)
- "Artemisia" (Nicolazzo)
- "Footprints" (Shorter)
- "What's Your Story Morning Glory?" (Lawrence, Webster, Williams)
- "Autumn Leaves" (Kozma, Mercer, Prevert)
- "Bodhisattva" (Nicolazzo)
- "A Room Of One's Own" (Nicolazzo)
- "All The Things You Are" (Hammerstein, Kern)