Apr 28, 2008 — In the Tri-Lakes region of the Adirondacks, one in ten adults lives without health insurance. That's actually better than the national average. Beginning today in Keene Valley, a regional task-force of businesses and health care providers will try to register more people for state programs like Family Health Plus. Brian Mann spoke about the project with Ann Morgan, head of the Tri-Lakes Uninsured Task Force.
A schedule of insurance workshops:
* Monday, April 28th from 4-7 p.m., Keene Central Schools, Cafeteria
* Tuesday, April 29th, 4-7 p.m., Tupper Lake Central Schools, LP Quinn Cafeteria
* Wednesday, April 30th, 4-7 p.m., Lake Placid Central Schools, Elementary School Cafeteria
* Thursday, May 1st, 4-7 p.m., Saranac Lake Central Schools, Petrova School Cafeteria
* Tuesday, May 6th, 4-7 p.m., Wilmington Health Center
* Thursday, May 8th, 5-7 p.m., Bloomingdale School Cafeteria