Redford, NY, Aug 20, 2003 — Redford, New York is a tiny blip on the map today but, like many Adirondack towns, it has been through periods of boom and bust. During a boom time, in the mid 1800s the Roman Catholics came together and built a church which was consecrated on August 15, 1855. Ever since then parishioners take a day in August to get together for the Redford Picnic. The event has become a fundraiser for the church and parochial school, but for the families that have been attending for generation after generation it is much more. Lamar Bliss attended last year's picnic.